About the Role:
Manage overall US Sales Depletion based P&L to identify all metric risks and opportunities and through investment and horizontal (market) analysis while collaborating with division finance on market drivers and mitigation. Be a leader in the finance organization with a goal to develop market insights capability and improve investment decisions analysis.
Managing for Value Decision Support (40%)
- Provide financial oversight, leadership, and insights for 14m case / $700m revenue division of Treasury Wine Estates to increase financial visibility and decision making while collaborating to achieve the Annual Operating Plan.
- Compile accurate and timely monthly reporting for the WD7 financial review, including YTD and forecasted P&L commentary by major markets, scorecard updates and investment analysis
- Perform monthly horizontal depletion P&L analysis to determine gaps in Route-to-Market tactics and strategy and understand changes in state performance, relative to total US Sales
- Perform key state portfolio analysis versus total US market to identify portfolio tactic gaps
- Engage total commercial finance team to develop corrective actions and/or drive decision making through profitability/ROI tools; enabling to shift spending to higher return activities
Understand and explain major differences between shipment and depletion based P&L’s; provide shipment P&L commentary grounded in depletion drivers
Forecast / Plan development (30%):
- Collaborate with Commercial Finance team and division finance support to ensure timely and accurate development of forecasts and budgets, ensuring accurate application of revenue rates and drivers
- Work with demand planning team to coordinate the timing of depletion and shipment forecasts and to correctly allocate product volume to align to financial plan
- Collaborate with strategic pricing on price changes and work with divisional finance on impact
- Coordinate budget/forecast data loads with commercial finance team
- Create presentations to communicate forecasts/budgets to management team
- Translate long term strategy into financial drivers for the 5-year plan (pricing strategy)
Investment Decision Support (15%)
- Collaborate with divisional finance to assemble investment and incremental improvements to drive the profitability of US Sales, through top line growth, mix, and investment optimization
- Provide analysis of investment opportunities to allow executive leadership to choose programs with the highest possible return
- Implement a formal post evaluation process to facilitate organizational learning
- Actively search for risks and opportunities with divisions to enable an agile and ongoing mitigation strategy
- Maintain a register of US Sales risks and opportunities
Accounting Support / Accrual Management (10%):
- Review depletion allowance accrual for accuracy and materiality
- Review any balance sheet coverage variations to accrual drivers
- Maintain an incremental support component of the accrual to ensure consistent and full coverage
- Collaborate with accounting team on various journals & accruals to reflect our financial position
- As needed support for analysis for US Sales executives with ad-hoc decision support
- Analyze external business information. Identify opportunities
- Improve financial literacy and system knowledge to finance and non-finance teams
- You are a strategic and collaborative leader that is organized and structured in your approach. You analyze complex data and can simplify recommendations for your stakeholders. You communicate with leaders at all levels of the organization and can tailor your approach to effectively present your recommendations. You influence business decisions that in turn deliver great results.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing or related required. MBA preferred.
Broad business knowledge and commercial expertise: Must have a working knowledge of multiple functions within the consumer products industry to provide effective linkages.
Financial Experience / Acumen: Previous responsibility for bottom-line financial analysis and gap closure. Understanding and experience with Internal controls (audit-SOX). Pricing experience preferred.
Analytical / Problem Solving Skills: Strong analytical and strategic mind – organized and structured in approach. Ability to assess complex business environment and formulate ideas to create value. Able to dissect the key elements from any business situation and distil into a manageable framework.
People Skills: Pragmatic and level headed, even in times of disagreement and debate – collaborative approach
Role Grade: C
Any Treasury Wine Estates employee who meets the above requirements and is interested in applying for this position should:
1. Inform your immediate Supervisor/Manager
2. Complete the online Inside Talent application
3. Contact (insert appropriate Recruiter details listed below)
Lisa James, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager,